Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Everyone Got Their Tea Total

| Friendly | March 15, 2016

(I run an informal coffee club at my work. I take £1 a week and in return buy all the coffee, sugar, milk, and tea. Everyone joins in, but when I leave the company no one can be bothered to run it any more, so I sort the finances and shut down the club. A few months into my new role I catch up with a previous coworker.)

Ex-Coworker: “Yeah, it’s okay here, I guess. But no one is looking after your role properly.”

Me: “I thought as much. How is [Difficult Coworker] doing? Giving you much hassle?”

Ex-Coworker: “Oh, I was going to ask you about that. He was complaining that he never received his pay out from the coffee club, calling you a thief.”

Me: “Seriously?! After all the work I did running that club?”

Ex-Coworker: “Yeah! You run that club perfectly. Everything was documented and signed off. I can’t believe you would have done that! He actually wanted everyone to chip in and pay him. I said I would speak to you.”

Me: “Okay, I’m sending you some information now. Do me a favour and pass this over to the guys there.”

(I send over the complete financial records for every penny, the weekly payments, and most importantly a detailed form that Difficult Coworker signed, accepting the payment. A few weeks later Ex-Coworker emails me one more time.)

Ex-Coworker: “Hey, thanks! He tried to deny it at first, but eventually admitted to taking the money. He actually complained to management before you sent it. I took it in and now he has had a warning for lying and bullying!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!