Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Disrespect Can Be Infectious

| Right | October 8, 2012

(A customer approaches my register and drops her items on the counter in two separate piles without acknowledging me or diverting attention from her cellphone. There is a line forming as there is only one cash register. Note: I work part-time here; my other job is at a pharmacy.)

Me: “Did you find everything all right today?”

Customer: *to her phone* “So, I went to the doctor and he prescribed me zithromyacin…”

Me: “Okay, were you going with all of these today or is this pile here to go back?”

Customer: *to her phone* “Well, I didn’t want to spend money on another prescription, so I just took some Diflucan I had at home.”

Me: “I’m sorry to interrupt, but I need to know what you plan to purchase before I can ring you up.”

Customer: *to her phone* “That should be okay, right? I mean, I don’t even know what Diflucan is, but I figured it was stupid to spend more money on pills.”

Me: “So, should I go ahead and ring these?

Customer: *to her phone* “I mean, what is Diflucan anyway?”

Me: *a bit loudly* “DIFLUCAN is most frequently prescribed for YEAST INFECTIONS. Were you ready to check out or would you like to step into a more private area to finish your call?”

Customer: “Okay, these are the items what I wanted to purchase!” *pays and quickly leaves, embarrassed*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!