Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Contains Refunds Not Suitable For A Younger Audience

| Right | April 18, 2014

(My colleague has kicked out a pair of boys from a 15-rated film. Managers have stated to us in the past that screen jumpers do not get refunds.)

Boy: “We want our money back!”

Colleague: “I’ll talk to the manager.”

(My colleague goes behind the concession stand for a couple of minutes and comes out.)

Colleague: “My manager says he will not be issuing you a refund.”

Boy: “Then let us back into our film!”

Colleague: “No.”

(My colleague leaves me standing on gate with these boys.)

Boy: “Why can’t you let us back in?”

Me: “You’ve broken the contract you signed by buying a ticket, which states that refunds are not issued, that you will go to the film on your ticket and not into one you’ve been refused entry to, and you’ve broken the trust in our staff that you will keep your deal.”

Boy: “Well, we’re not leaving until we get our money back.”

Me: “You’ve broken your side of the bargain. We have a zero tolerance policy against people who run between screens for any reason and thus we will not be issuing you a refund. Your threat can be seen as harassment, and at this point your only options are to leave this building, or go home escorted by the police. I really don’t mind which.”

(The boys hesitate, and then run off!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!