Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cart Thief

| Right | June 28, 2013

(I am helping a customer load a large item into their truck. They will need twine to secure their large kennel.)

Me: “Okay, I will be back with twine.”

(When I come back out, I see that they have used my cart rope to secure their load.)

Me: “You can’t use that; I need it to push carts.”

Customer: “It’s okay; we’ll bring it back.”

Me: “No, I need it to push carts.”

Customer: “Let me talk to your manager.”

(I get my manager.)

Manager: “We have twine; the cart pushers need that to push their carts.”

Customer: “Twine isn’t as good though.”

Manager: “I’m sorry; I cannot claim liability. That is a device to secure carts; you cannot use that to safely secure loads. Please give it back.”

Customer: “Okay, fine!”

(I go to get my rope, but the customer just drives off! The next week is really busy, and we’ve run out of carts. This leaves the customers having to wait for cart pushers to bring back carts, or to go into the parking lot and find it themselves. We cannot send more than three cart pushers, because we do not have enough rope. I see the same customer waiting while I am taking a break.)

Customer: “What is wrong with you! There are no carts! This is no time to stand around while people are waiting. How come you guys don’t know to send more people!”

Me: “Well, sir, I’ve been pushing carts for two hours, and I need to stay hydrated. And besides, someone, if you remember took our rope. Therefore, we can only send three people out to carts.”

(The customer doesn’t know what to say. He gives me a dirty look, and starts to walk away. He runs into my manager.)

Customer: “Your employee is accusing me of stealing your ropes! You guys are so incompetent! You can’t even get your s*** together and get carts!”

Manager: “I told you last week to not take our ropes. Get out of my store; I don’t want to see you here anymore.”

(The customer kicks a cart on the way out and speeds off. As he does, I can still see he hasn’t unloaded the kennel, and it’s still secured with the rope.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!