Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can’t Re-Coupon The Difference

| Right | June 10, 2015

Me: “Okay, your total comes to $219.79; do you have any coupons?”

Customer: “Oh, yes, I have a $10 coupon and a 20% coupon.”

Me: “You are able to use one coupon per transaction, so with the 20% off, your new total is $179.83. Go ahead and slide your card.”

Customer: “Well, can I use the $10 coupon instead?”

Me: “Um…sure.” *deletes the 20% coupon, uses the $10 off coupon* “Your new total is $209.79. Go ahead and slide your card, please.”

Customer: *voice rising* “Wait! Why is it more now?!”

Me: “Because you are deciding to use your $10 coupon instead of your 20% coupon, which will give you more off.”

Customer: *slightly hysterical* “So are you telling me I can NEVER use my $10 coupon?!”

Me: “Ma’am, you can use your $10 coupon whenever you want, but in THIS transaction, you save more with the 20% off coupon.”

Customer: *looking crazily at both coupons*

Me: “Sooo…. with the 20% coupon, you save $43.96. With the TEN DOLLAR coupon, you save TEN DOLLARS.”

Customer: “Wow. I’m NEVER gonna be able to get rid of this $10 coupon! Why do you guys send them to us if we can’t use them?”

Me: *finishing transaction with the 20% off coupon and bag clothes, all the while smiling brightly* “Thanks for shopping with us. You have saved $43.96. Have a great day!”

Customer: *still muttering as she’s leaving* “I just CAN’T get rid of this $10 coupon!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!