Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bad Worker, Bad Parenting

| Working | June 10, 2016

(We have one coworker at our store that has been there for less time than most of her coworkers. She thinks she is better than most of the people at the store and is not well-liked. She recently got her daughter a job cashiering. When the store gets busy and the lines at the registers get long we call for backup and the sales floor people have to come up and help out. On this day we have a couple of people not show up for work and are busy.)

Me: *calling out over the radio* “Hey, guys, can we get fast service to the front, please! We need two people!”

(The bad coworker comes up, grumbling, to help out. After the lines die down she comes up to me and my other coworker.)

Bad Coworker: “This is ridiculous! Why do you keep calling us up so many times for fast service! I have stuff to do!”

Me: “We had three call outs today up here alone! It sucks but that is part of the job. We have to make sure it is ‘guest first.’”

Bad Coworker: “We need more reliable people up here. This is why no one likes the front end people!”

Coworker #2: “Isn’t this like the fourth time in two weeks YOUR DAUGHTER has not shown up for her cashier shift?

(Bad coworker got quiet and then walked away. Since her daughter was still in her probation phase of working she was let go the next day! I guess she thought since her mom worked there she could do whatever she wanted.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!