Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Attraction Detraction

| Right | April 18, 2014

(Our hotel is located in a nature park. In November, there are not many tourists around, since the weather tends not to be very good for hiking in the forest – the prime reason for coming here. Many tourism related businesses close this time of year. We are open for one more week before closing ourselves. We have an attractive ‘stay three nights, pay two’ offer. I am talking to a guest at checkout)

Guest: “We really enjoyed our stay, but we were disappointed that most of the tourist attractions in the area were closed.”

Me: “Yeah. This is the last week for us, too, before we close.”

Guest: “Had I known that everything was closed, I would not have come here. Why is your hotel open when everything else is closed?”

Me: “We do not know why our customers are here. What if you needed to go to a funeral or were here on business and you could not book any hotel because they were all closed? And is the special offer perhaps an indication that it could be low season?”

Guest: “You should not be open. Next year you HAVE to close the same date as the other businesses. It is not fair that you stay open longer, and tricking customers in coming to stay with you!”

Me: *speechless*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!