Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Explosive Realization

| Working | November 27, 2015

(I stopped at a local gas station one day to fill my truck up. Another patron is also filling up her vehicle in the next pump. I notice an employee checking the garbage next to the pumps. This doesn’t bother me at first, until I noticed a light cigarette in her hand. My mouth is agape at first but without hesitation, confronted her.)

Me: “Excuse me? Are you kidding me right now?!”

Employee: *she gives me the most confusing stare* “What?”

Me: “You have a light cigarette in your hand, right next to the gas pumps! You’re not supposed to do that. It’s dangerous!”

Employee: *just shrugs* “Sorry. Don’t worry, though. It’s okay. I’m not even near you, anyway.”

Me: *I scoff and give a nervous chuckle* “Okay?! Death by second hand smoke is one thing lady, but death by second hand explosion is another!”

Other Patron: *starts to giggle loudly*

(The employee’s face was completely red as she went back to her smoking station on the side of the building, away from the pumps. As I finished filling up and drove away, the employee gave me the biggest glare. Needless to say, I never filled up at that particular gas station ever again.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!