Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Abusing Democracy

| Right | April 8, 2013

(It is the evening of July 3rd.)

Customer: “Can you show me where you keep your American flags?”

Me: “Down the holiday aisle, at the back.”

(A few moments later, we hear her screaming. My manager runs back to find out what is happening. She is screaming so loud that we can hear every word.)

Manager: “What’s wrong, ma’am?”

Customer: “What’s wrong with you people!?”

(She holds up the American flag box, and points at the ‘Made in China’ stamp on the bottom.)

Manager: “I don’t see the problem, ma’am.”

Customer: “How dare you people try to sell an American flag that was made in China!”

Manager: “Ma’am, only the box was made in China.”

Customer: “Don’t you try to pull that on me! I can clearly see the stamp that says this flag was made in China!”

Manager: “It says the flag was made in the USA right here on the front of the box, ma’am.”

Customer: “You’re lying to me again! I can’t believe how stupid you people are!”

(She storms off. My manager and I have a little laugh, and then we get back to work. About half an hour later, two policemen come in and ask for my manager.)

Manager: “How can I help you, officers?”

Cop #1: “We got a call about an attempted homicide in this store.”

Manager: “Really? This is the first I’ve heard of it. What happened?”

Cop #2: “The lady that called 911 said that the people at this store, and were trying to kill her with their dropping prices.”

(It’s clear by this point the cops are stifling a laugh, and are making light of the customer’s ridiculous call.)

Cop #1: “Would you know anything about that?”

Manager: “No, sir, as far as I know, we don’t drop our prices unless we’re sure they won’t land on anyone!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!