Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

About To Go To War Over It

| Romantic | September 16, 2014

(I recently bought a vintage bike at a rummage sale, and have been taking it apart to clean & fix. The tires had to be cut off because I couldn’t get them over the rim of the wheel. I am explaining this to my husband.)

Me: “Well, I did a search on the bike, and it was made in the late sixties. This brand of bike also had special tires, so even though the tires that were on it were the right size, they were the wrong type.”

Husband: “Yeah?”

Me: “Yeah. And I’ll need your help with the bearings on the front wheel. Every time I try and take a hub out I lose bearings everywhere.”

Husband: “Yeah, I can do that. Now, bikes that were made at the end of World War II normally just have whatever they had left over at the factory in them, so the bearings in the front and back probably won’t match.”

Me: “At the… What?”

Husband: “You said it was made in the sixties, right? Yeah, that’s the end of World War II.”

Me: “No. No, I’m pretty sure that was Korea. World War II was Hitler and the Nazis.”

Husband: “No, Hitler was World War I. Korea and Vietnam was World War II.”

Me: “World War I was Archduke Ferdinand and the Kaiser, World War II was Hitler and the Nazis, and that ended in 1945. This is stuff you learn in eighth grade.”

Husband: “Well, I don’t know what book your teacher was using, because that’s wrong.”

(I sent him a link with a timeline of U.S. military involvement, clearly showing the dates for World Wars I & II, Korea, and Vietnam, and he still doesn’t believe me!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!