Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Phoned In Service

| Right | May 15, 2014

(I’m a cashier for a retail store. Normally I’m pretty nice, with one main exception: If you are on a phone, I will NOT talk to you. A customer comes up to me talking on her phone, and I proceed to scan up her items, giving a small smile and a nod to acknowledge her. For the most part, the customer doesn’t seem to care until she’s almost done.)

Customer: “Where’s my corn dog?”

(She resumes her phone conversation as I put the corn dog on the counter next to the credit reader.)

Customer: “HEL-LO! Where’s my corn dog?”

(I silently start to put her items into the buggy while she STILL keeps talking on her phone as I point to the corn dog. For the next few moments, she attempts to talk to me, only to also talk on the phone.)

Customer: “HELLO! Are you sleepy?! Where is my corn dog!?”

(I point to it one more time as she pays with a card and takes the corn dog and receipt. As she walks off, another customer walks to the counter without a cell phone and we start to carry a conversation.)

Next Customer: “Geez, she the only thing she seemed to care about was her corn dog! How do you deal with people like that?”

Me: “Just like I just did. So, now, how are you?”


This story is part of the People Who Should Get Off Their Phones roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!