Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #67278

Unfiltered | August 26, 2016

(Before my current job, I worked for two years for a major retail superstore in the layaway department. While our store was open 24 hours, the layaway department closed each night at 11 p.m. A woman walks in 5 minutes after 11 and about 2 minutes after a manager had shut down my register and taken the till out)

Customer: Hi, I’d like to pay out my layaway please.

Me: I apologize ma’am, but we closed five minutes ago, but we do open back up at 7:30 tomorrow morning.

Customer: What do you mean you’re closed, this store is open 24 hours!

Me: Yes ma’am the store is open 24 hours with the exception of layaway and the service desk, both of which close at 11.

Customer: Oh bull****, you’re just saying that because you’re a typical lazy b****** who doesn’t want to help because it’s at the end of your shift am I right?

Me: Ma’am while you are correct in saying that it’s the end of my shift, I would have gladly helped you out if my register hadn’t been shut down, but unfortunately it was about two minutes before you arrived.

Customer: Oh don’t give me that bull****, you’re just saying that to get me to go away, now I want to talk to your manager right now!

Me: Certainly ma’am, if you wait right here, I’ll go in the back and get her.

Customer (very sarcastically): Thank you!

(I went to the back and simply went to the time clock and punched out, then exited another door leading into the store. I went and peeked around the corner to find her still pissed off and waiting before leaving the building and going home. I guess she finally gave up and left because I never heard from any of the managers about it on my next shift).

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!