Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #57152

Unfiltered | April 25, 2017

Last month I was scheduled for a medical procedure that would require me to take two days off work for recovery. I am the only person who covers the front desk, answers phones, and takes orders at my job; therefore, it is important that I am not gone for many days. My employers are both originally from China, and while they speak very good English, sometimes it is hard to make them understand things. I received a call from the office where I was going to have the procedure done, requiring me to reschedule my appointment.

Fast forward to today (Friday); I received another call from the doctor’s office – they were requesting to reschedule AGAIN. I am not at all a morning person, admittedly I am quite grumpy if woken by the phone. The conversation between myself the receptionist was chilly at best.

Me: *groggily* “Hello?”

Receptionist: “Hi, yes, this is Doctor So-and-So’s Office calling, we need to reschedule your appointment.”

Me: “uh, what? again?”

Receptionist: “yes. when would you like–”

Me: *cutting her off* “This is the second time. Just cancel my appointment, please.”

Receptionist: “What? are you *sure*??”

Me: *thinking* Uh, yeah. What did I just say? “Yes. I’m going back to sleep now.” *click*

Maybe I was in the wrong for being grumpy, but her attitude was unwarranted, in my opinion. Like they were doing me a favour in some way, and I should be happy to be jerked around. I’m going to find a new doctor, and hopefully won’t have to deal with the runaround again.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!