Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #57053

Unfiltered | January 2, 2017

My mom sent me out to get her a can of espresso from the convenience store and gave me a card I assumed was a debit card, and she told me to run it as so. I get to the store, grab her espresso and myself a Gatorade, and go up to buy it.

Me: Hello, m’am! Just these please!

Cashier: [Glares and scans items as quickly as possible.] That’ll be x.xx.

I was a bit taken back by her attitude, but I assume shes had a bad day and shrug it off and go to run my card when she stops me.

Cashier: [Snaps] IS IT DEBIT OR CREDIT?

Me: D-debit, please…

Cashier: Then PRESS DEBIT!

I’m shaking a bit now as her yelling has drawn the stores eyes to me, causing my anxiety to flare up pretty badly, and she continues shooting me daggers as I shakily scan my card. It gets declined.

Cashier: [Snidely] Maybe you should’ve checked your balance before you came! NEXT!

Me: Wait! I did! I swear I did, please let me re-scan it—

Cashier: I said NEXT!

At this point the man behind me glances at the card I’m holding and speaks up.

Man: Excuse me, dear, but I think that’s an ebt card. Try running it as that. I’ll wait, don’t worry!

He gives me an assuring and patient smile as the cashier’s smug smile quickly drops and shes back to glaring at me.

Cashier: Well, SCAN IT then!

I scan it as ebt, and wouldn’t you know it, it gets accepted. The cashier mutters something under her breath and shoves my items back across the counter at me.

Me: Thank you, m’am. You have a wonderful day! [Turning to customer behind me] Thank you, also, for your patience!

Man: It’s no problem. I don’t understand why that cashier was being so rude about it. It’s not like there’s anyone else in her line…

I don’t know who pissed in that cashier’s cheerios, but that man’s patience made my day quite a bit. The cashier was still glaring at me as I left, as though I was the bane of her entire existence. When I went back there the next week, I found she had been fired. Gee, I wonder why…

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!