Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56983

Unfiltered | October 23, 2016

I work in a locally owned pizza place with a newly hired dishwasher who occasionally upsets me. I tend to give people more chances then they deserve and this is no exception.

(I am starting to close my side of the kitchen and get a sudden rush of orders. Without me noticing, Coworker #1 does one of my duties for me. When I finish the orders, I thank her and return to closing. I later decide to repay the favor by reminding her of something she needs to wash every night, but often forgets about)

Me: Hey, [Coworker #1]. Don’t forget to wash [thing].

Coworker #1: Okay

(A little while later Coworker #2 comes out of the dishroom and heads straight for me)

Coworker #2: Did you tell [Coworker #1] to do something?

Me: Yeah. I reminded her to wash the thing

Coworker #2: It’s not your place to tell her what to do.

(It’s obvious Coworker #1 was upset I “told her what to do” because she is older and I am a few years younger. I was just trying to be nice to her even when she is never really nice to me. Guess I’m done trying)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!