Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56955

Unfiltered | September 24, 2016

Some years ago I had moved back to the US from an international work assignment. In order to register a motor vehicle I had to have an actual hard copy of my Social Security Card in hand; reciting the number was insufficient. Like most native born Americans I had lost my card years before and went to the SSA office to get a replacement.

The office was in a large room with over 100 people waiting who were obviously immigrants from south of the border. There were ten to 12 windows where people were being called up by number and things were going relatively smoothly – until 11:30.

Then every window closed and we were left to our own devices. I figured it would be 30 to 45 minutes before anyone returned and went back to my book,

And, surprise, surprise, I was wrong. 12:30 came and went with no sign of workers. At 12:45 I spoke to the guard who had not left and was told that things should have been reopened by then. Finally, at about 12:55, one window opened with two people behind it, but they weren’t taking any applicants. AT 1:05 I went up to the window and asked what was going on.

I have never, and I mean never, been given nastier looks then what I got from the two. I was told in no uncertain terms that everyone was at lunch and to sit back down. With no movement for another 10 minutes, I left and came back the next day when the office opened.

The contempt with which I and the other applicants was treated was enough to make me vote Republican for the next election…

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!