Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56755

Unfiltered | March 9, 2016

My mom, aunt, and I are with my five year old daughter at a well known fast food restaurant that also sells the toys that come with the kid’s meals separately if you ask to purchase one. We see the new toys are from a tv show my daughter likes so I ask the cashier such ones they have, intending to buy all of the different kinds (sometimes they have just one of the series and sometimes they have more and I usually buy as many different ones as I can). The cashier finds two different toys and shows them to me.

Me: okay…so I want both toys. So we want to get a kid’s meal with four piece nuggets, and ranch dressing (note tab this restaurant gives you cups to fill yourself so no need to order the drink separately since the kid’s meal comes with the kid’s size drink). Then I want buy the other toy. We also want two large drinks, two six piece nuggets, and a fish sandwich.

The cashier starts to ring everything up.

Cashier: apples or yogurt for the kid’s meal?

Me: apples. And I also want to get that second toy.

Cashier: so that was the kid’s meal, a six piece nugget…

Me: it was TWO six piece nuggets and the four piece kid’s meal.

He adds another nugget to the order. He keeps ringing things up and I see him UPSIZE a drink to a large and then ring up a large. In other words, he was upsizing my daughter’s drink and giving me ONE large…he was basically giving me two larges with NO kid’s size instead of the three total drinks I asked for. He also confused my two six piece nugget order as one nugget order and one kid’s meal nugget.

Me: no… Don’t upsize the kid’s meal drink. I need TWO large drinks in addition to the sink that comes with the kid’s meal.

He finally gets the food order right and I remind him about the extra toy again. I pay. He gives me the kid’s drink and THREE large cups. I hand him back a large, but he does t take it until I remind him I only orders two large drinks. When the order comes, there is no extra toy on the tray. I tell the woman who handed the tray to me and she tells me I didn’t pay for an extra toy. Sure enough, the receipt doesn’t have the toy on there. I didn’t notice because a toy was listed but it was under the kid’s meal…I just glanced at it and saw a toy listed so I didn’t realize he hadn’t added it. They just had me pay for another one with the closest cashier. Turns out it was the first cashier’s first day. I get that, but some of those mistakes didn’t seem like first day issues (upsizing a kid’s drink when someone specifically ordered two additional drinks? Thinking one of the nugget orders was the kid’s meal order even though it was a four piece and the additional nuggets were six piece…?).

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!