Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56596

Unfiltered | September 28, 2015

(I’m working a double shift at a popular sports pizza joint near Christmas time. There also happens to be a huge sports event going on, so needless to say, we’re packed. I’m a supervisor and had 2 waitresses not show up for the night, plus 1 cook called in sick, so we’re short staffed. For that night, I’m supervisor, acting manager, and waitress/hostess. A table of regulars has come in, father -#1, wife -#2, and young teenage daughter -#3. A newly hired assistant supervisor is also on shift this evening, who from the get go I can tell doesn’t like me. I appoint her to help the kitchen staff. The customers ask to sit in my section by my name, after a 30 min wait they’re finally seated. The lineup to get a table is still out the door, not to mention the many delivery orders flooding through)

Me: Hey guys! Just a heads up we’re super busy tonight due to the game but I’ll try my best to get everything out for you as quick as possible

Customer #1- No problem (my name)! I’ll have the large spaghetti bolognase with garlic bread.

Customer #2: #3 and I will share a medium deluxe pizza please!

I ring their order into my computer and get their drinks. 20 minutes later I stop at the table and assure them their food will be coming soon. They smile and let me know there’s no rush.

Me (to kitchen): How’s my order for (table #) coming guys?

Assistant supervisor: Are you blind? We’re busy. Chill out.

Me: Just asking, hun! Going on 23 minutes now and I want to keep everything flowing smoothly.

I finish up some other tables and get more people seated. Walking back to the kitchen area, the table calls for me

Customer #1: It’s been about 45 minutes now and I know I said no rush but we’re starving. Could you check how long it’ll be?

Me: of course! So sorry guys, I’ll promo your bill for 30% off for the wait. Be right back!

Me to kitchen: guys, I need (table #) right now, what’s taking so long? (Other waitresses name)’s order went through after mine and she served her table 15 minutes ago. Let’s go guys!

Assistant supervisor: Don’t tell me how to do my f****** job! It’s done when it’s done!

I go back into the kitchen to look for the order print out and food, both of which are nowhere to be found. I check the computer and my order had been deleted. You have to input a code to delete orders or take payments, and the assistant supervisors code had been used to void out my order.

Me (to her): what the h***?! My customers have been waiting nearly an hour now and my order is gone!

Her: whoops must have done it by accident!

Me: it’s a 5 step process to void an order without payment once it’s been sent to the kitchen. DO NOT touch the computers and get these orders made. STAY in the kitchen.

Her (mumbling): f*** you

By this time, all the staff at the front desk and kitchen were staring at us. I personally went to the kitchen and made their meals. I turn around and they’re standing at the front desk

Customer #1: It’s been over an hour and we have to go, it’s already like 9:30. Can I get our food to go please

Me: of course, I’m so sorry. There was a mixup in the kitchen thanks to (gesturing to the assistant supervisor) and your food wasn’t made, but I prepped it myself. Please accept my sincerest apologies and (hand them the food) it’s on the house.

Assistant supervisor (yelling): YOU CAN’T DO THAT! I’M CALLING (owners name) AND YOU’RE GOING TO BE FIRED! YOU CAN’T F****** DO THAT! STUPID B****!

the customers went red and literally ran out the door. A number of customers waiting to be seated gasped and majority of them walked out. Customers from the dining area got up and paid their bills and left as well.

Her: THIS IS SUCH BULL S***! I WON’T TAKE ORDERS FROM SOME STUPID COW WHO SCAMS THE TILL AND STEALS MONEY! I’M CALLING THE OWNER RIGHT NOW AND THE COPS!

Me: (her name) you need to calm down, come back with me in the office and talk like a normal person. Voided orders come out of MY cheque so nobody’s stealing anything.

She continued screaming and swearing, eventually only 3 tables remained, customers who were too occupied with the game on the big screen to notice what was going on. I ended up walking out, in tears, from her words to me. The owner begged me to come back the next day and she was fired.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!