Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #328133

| Unfiltered | May 4, 2024

I was working a closing shift with three others, but one of them didn’t turn up. According to the shift leader (who left at 17 leaving three of us to close) it was expected.
Coworker 1 had worked there for more than a year, I started 3 months ago, and Coworker 3 started just 3 weeks ago. We were all part-timers, but Coworker 3 had been a store manager at another location.
Everything went smoothly, until Coworker 1 realized that he only had codes to the electronic doors. In order to get out we need to manually open a gate from the stock room to a parking garage, and for that we need a key.
15 minutes before closing this happened:
C1: I am responsible for closing because I have been given the codes. Can you take the tills, C3?
C3: Ok
Me: But do you have the key to the gate, C1?
C1: Fuck, I don’t. What are we gonna do now?
Me: Well, I got one last week
C1: That bloody [store manager], he schedules three people without a key and one who he knew wouldnt show up!
Me: Well, at least I have one
C1: but he scheduled us before he knew that. I’m gonna pester him about that key 24/7 until I get one too. This is hopeless.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!