Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #326684

| Unfiltered | April 30, 2024

Client: hey, it says you’re doing art commissions now?

Me: Yes ma’am! (Proud)

Client: Thats really cool!- Wait, I’m confused… why is it $3?

Me: Oh, well, I know that’s cheap and all, but thats because I need SOME money to save up. For the future! I just don’t need it now, so why make it expensive?

Client: That isn’t the problem! The problem is, why would you charge money for THIS? The customers could learn to make better art from tutorials!

Me: Well, I could make it cheaper if you like..? (I wasnt very confident, or willing to stand up for myself. So, I held in the classic “then learn!” response.) …How about $1??

Client: That is not what I mean! I want it, FOR FREE!!

Me: Can’t do that. I want to be paid for the time I take to make the art, and for any future needs or to even help out my parents.

Client: Well, you aren’t getting any orders that way. (Leaves)

The awkward thing is, I was still in school for a while and I didn’t change the price. It drove us apart.. eventually I gave up and made it “first time free”.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!