Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #28148

Unfiltered | July 15, 2016

Years back (’82?) my parents had taken us to the country fair. The Budweiser dive team was there to put on a show. So we spread out our picnic blanket to watch. Until her mid 20’s my mother had been a competitive swimmer & she loves watching swimmers & divers.

Soon after the show starts this 6′-something cowboy in the audience starts heckling the dive team. Really being obnoxious & loud.

Mom (all of 5’1″) gets up stalks over and starts reading him the riot act for degrading the divers and skewing their concentration. He backpedals as quickly as he can & security comes over. After a few moments of hushed conversation Mom comes quietly back over & sits down. The heckling starts again.

The cowboy was actually on the dive team & it was all part of the show.

A valuable lesson was taught to my 5year old self. Even if the other guy is bigger than you by 1.5′, even if the whole world as you know it is watching, bullying is never okay & you should always stand up for what is right. You might get a little egg on your face if it’s part of the show; 98% of the time it’s real life.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!