Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56757

Unfiltered | March 11, 2016

I was in college and out with a friend and his visiting father at the local mall. We went to the food court for lunch. The father was buying lunch for us poor college kids. They placed their orders first then I went up to make mine.

Me: I’ll have the number 4, large, with a Coke.

Cashier: What would you like to drink with that?

Me thinking she just missed what I said: Coke.

Cashier: What would you like to drink?

Me thinking the food court was a little too loud to hear me so a little louder now: Coke.

Cashier: …And to drink?

Me giving a confused look to my friend and father, wondering if I was crazy or stuck in some sort of infinite loop: Coke?

Cashier: What would you like to drink?

All three of us in perfect unison: COKE!!!

Cashier as if the whole thing didn’t happen: Okay, thank you.

I still don’t know if she couldn’t hear me or was just overworked. I felt bad for shouting, but it seemed the only thing to work. Me and my friend still can’t keep a straight face when we are out together and someone has to ask what I would like to drink.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!