Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #324601

| Unfiltered | April 2, 2024

I’ve been staying with my boyfriend in the Brazilian countryside. I didn’t grow up in the country so I assume most insects are things I don’t mind around me but not on me.

We are driving to the airport from the family farm, about an hour and half into the trip when I notice what looks like some random hair on my trousers. I go to brush it off and then I notice it looks weird. I turn my knee to see it properly on the side of my leg, it’s a 3cm long, think, black spider.

I give a scream of surprise thinking “WTF is that?” Which being in the tropics is always a good question. My boyfriend tells me I almost gave him a heart attack then laughs when I tell him it’s a spider. I don’t normally have an issue with them so he decides to think again.

I turn my leg so it’s visible to him and he yells “what the f***?” and stops on the hard shoulder so I can flick it off me and out the car. I felt smug when even the native panicked.

Looking back it had probably been on my rucksack or in the car from the farm and on me for most of the ride. In that case it probably wouldn’t have bitten me now that I had noticed it but that is not what you think when realise those black threads aren’t as soft as were expecting…

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!