Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18639

Unfiltered | April 29, 2017

This isn’t so much the story of a single moment as much as it is the story of a single person who has made my life so much better.

I have general anxiety disorder and depression and my friend is one of few people who I let know this. He can always tell when I’m off and constantly checks in on me, encouraging self-care, and often providing consolatory candy. Plus, he sends me pictures of cute dogs.

While I was sitting at the mall waiting for a friend to show up to go prom dress shopping, a much older man started hitting on me and making me really uncomfortable. I had my friend call me to get me out of the situation. In the conversation that followed, he offered to leave lunch with his friends to wait with me and make sure I was okay until my other friend showed up.

At this year’s prom, we both wanted to go with someone but neither of our dates worked out, so we were each other’s back-ups. I pick him up and he greets me with flowers and a big stuffed animal.

I could go on for hours, but I’m so lucky to have him as one of my best friends.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!