Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18532

Unfiltered | August 18, 2016

(My mom, sister and I are wandering in a specialty shop with handpainted pottery, with beautiful patterns, all rather expensive. Mom decides not to get anything, but I decide to get a spoon rest for her for Christmas, so I hang back after she leaves. I am female, but I had a very short haircut and was wearing a bulky letterman jacket and jeans, and I have a deep voice for a girl.)

Cashier: *an older lady* “Is this all?”

Me: “Yeah, Mom broke her spoon rest, so I’m getting her a new one for Christmas.”

Cashier: “Oh, you’re such a thoughtful son! Not many would notice that!”

(As this isn’t the first time this has happened, I laugh a little, but don’t bother correcting her. We chat for a little bit as she wraps the rest, then-)

Cashier: “Oh, no, you’re a girl, aren’t you? I’m so sorry!”

Me: *laughing* “No, it’s fine, you’re definitely not the first to do that.”

Cashier: “I just assumed with the letterman. I should know better, too, I did sports!”

(We talked a bit more about sports, and eventually I left to catch up with my family. I told Mom the story when she unwrapped her present, and she laughed harder than I did!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!