Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You’ve Soiled Our Friendship Garden! Soiled It!

, , , | Right | CREDIT: smohk1 | January 18, 2022

For a while, I owned and ran a garden supply store. I had a lady come in and she wanted a particular amount of soil. That amount turned into 7.5 pallets of soil. I didn’t have this all in stock, so I called my supplier and asked to see if they could deliver and drop this at her location. Since it wasn’t terribly far away, they agreed.

The customer and I agreed on pricing, she paid me, I called the supplier, and they had the soil to her in a couple of hours. The customer called and said the soil was dropped off and thanked us for everything, and I was feeling pretty good about myself.

Then, the next day happened.

The customer came storming back into the store and started yelling at me.

Customer: “Why did you make me pay $9,000 when I only need two bags of soil?!”

I stopped for a moment and had to think about our entire conversation yesterday and was more than a bit confused.

After I finally picked my jaw off the floor:

Me: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “I asked for two bags of soil yesterday and you charged me $9,000!”

Me: “Ma’am, you asked for [amount], not two bags. You even asked how much soil was in the bags, and that was how we determined your quantity.”

Customer: “I did no such thing. I asked for two bags of soil!

Me: “Ma’am, I do video and audio recordings in here.”

I had multiple signs posted.

Me: “Should we go check the tapes?”

Customer: “There’s no need. You just need to take the soil back!”

Me: “Ma’am, I can’t do that. All soil sales are final, and this was a large quantity order. Also, I don’t know what happened to it last night, so I don’t feel comfortable sending it back to the supplier.”

After more yelling:

Customer: “I’m never coming back, I’m leaving bad reviews, and I’m telling everyone to not shop here!”

Me: “Great, see you next week!”

Sure enough, she showed up the next week acting like nothing had happened and wanting to buy some more stuff.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!