Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You’ve Got The Wrong(est) Number, Part 2

, , , , | Right | October 22, 2009

Customer: “Why do you people keep calling me?!”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “Ever since I bought this blasted phone the only phone calls I have gotten are from you people! I want you to stop calling me!”

Me: “I’m not sure what–”

Customer: “You know exactly what I’m talking about! How can you be so rude as to call someone’s house to bother them? Other people are trying to get through and are complaining to me because they aren’t getting a hold of me at home!”

Me: “Do you have it with you?”

Customer: “YES!” *pulls the phone out of purse* “LOOK! Right there! It’s your people’s number! It’s so rude!”

(When you buy the phones, they have a sticker over the caller ID screen with our 1-800 number on it. She hands me the phone with the sticker still on it.)

Me: “It’s okay, ma’am; we haven’t been calling you. There’s simply this sticker on the screen.”

Customer: “Why aren’t you answering my question?”

Me: *removes the sticker* “See? It was just a sticker. That’s all it was…”

Customer: “So the number isn’t on the phone now?”

Me: “Nope, our number won’t be on your phone anymore.”

Customer: “Does this mean you people will leave me alone?”

Me: “Yes, I promise our corporate headquarters will stop calling you now.”

Customer: “Okay, thank you!”

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!