Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You’re Not Allowed To Die Until You’ve Bought Something

, , , , , | Working | June 27, 2019

(This story was told to me by my mom back when she worked at a superstore. She is stocking when she hears stuff fall and goes to check it out. She finds a man collapsed. After the much-needed 911 call, she is called into the office.)

Mom: “You wanted to see me?”

Manager: “Yes. We need to talk about earlier.”

Mom: “Do you know if the man’s okay?”

Manager: “It doesn’t matter. You didn’t finish your stocking on time.”

Mom: “Uh… because I was trying to stop a customer from dying.”

Manager: “He didn’t buy anything, so he wasn’t a customer.”

(My mom stares at him in shock when he slides a write-up her way.)

Manager: “I know women like you are more prone to emotional mishaps but that’s no excuse for stopping your work.”

Mom: “What?”

Manager: “Sign this. This is your first strike.”

(My mom stares in shock again for a few moments before taking off her nametag.)

Mom: “And it’s my last. I refuse to work for someone who only worries about if someone spent money! What if you had been that man?! Well, I hope one day when you start to die, no one comes to help you!” *walks out*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!