Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You’re About To Go Hazel-Nuts

, , , , | Working | May 4, 2018

(Every Saturday before work, I stop by a small local coffee shop, and pick up my regular customized drink. They sell them for a reasonable price. One morning I come in and there is a new employee working behind the cash register.)

Me: “Hey can I get dark roast, hazelnut coffee, but one shot of caramel?”

New Cashier: “One caramel latte and a hazelnut latte, both with caramel?”

Me: “Nope, just one dark roast hazelnut coffee with one caramel shot.”

(I assume it is because he is new and just learning, so I remain calm.)

New Cashier: “No caramel latte with no caramel. But one dark roast caramel with the hazelnut shot?”

Me: “Almost, but it’s one dark roast hazelnut coffee with a caramel shot.”

New Cashier: “Hey, can I get a DARK ROAST, HAZELNUT COFFEE WITH ONE CARAMEL SHOT!”

(The barista making the coffee yells back to the new cashier.)

Barista: “You got it!”

New Cashier: “Can you please confirm you heard me right?”

Barista: “One dark roast, hazelnut coffee with one caramel shot.”

New Cashier: “Okay, perfect. One dark roast, hazelnut coffee with one caramel shot is being made.” *looks at me* “Is this correct?”

(At this point I’m almost ready to lose it and start laughing.)

Me: “Yes. I’ll pay with debit.”

New Cashier: “Cash or credit?”

Me: “Debit.”

New Cashier: “Okay, you’d like to pay for your dark roast, hazelnut coffee with one caramel shot with debit?”

Me: “Yes.”

(I looked over the barista, and we were both laughing. Unfortunately, this happened every time I went to get coffee, but it did crack me up every time, too.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!