Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You’re Cruising For A Karate Chop To The Face, Bud

, , , , , , | Working | December 27, 2022

My father has a managerial position at a large oil refinery. Today, he has a large-scale meeting between all similar-ranking managers from around the site, along with several of their bosses and a few bigwigs.

One manager is missing from this meeting because he has to leave work earlier in the day for personal reasons. It’s important to note that this manager is ethnically Chinese and has the same last name as a very well-known actor and martial artist.

Other Manager: “This might be something we’ll have to bring up to [Chinese Manager] Leeeeeeee!” 

He dragged out the last name into an exaggerated martial arts-style scream while also making “karate” moves with his hands. Apparently, you could hear. A. Pin. Drop.

The manager quickly realized that his “joke” hadn’t landed at all and tried to nervously laugh it off. No one said anything to him directly during the meeting, but there was a new employee in his position by the time the next meeting rolled around.

Apparently, that manager was somewhat notorious for making comments of that type, but he had never really faced any repercussions for them before. However, no one imagined he would be stupid enough to do anything like that in front of so many people or any of the corporate bigwigs!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!