Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When You’re Completely At A Loss

, , , | Working | December 8, 2017

(I’ve had to ask my manager to get me some change. He takes a large number of notes from my drawer and heads down the back of the store. Later I ask him where the change is.)

Manager: “I gave it to you.”

Me: “No, you didn’t.”

Manager: “Yes, I did, I left on the keyboard while you were serving a customer before I went to lunch. Didn’t you put it in the register?” *The keyboard is in easy reach of customers.*

Me: “I didn’t even see it or know that you did that. I was with a customer further down the counter for ages. Anyone could have taken it without me even noticing it. Why would you leave it there?”

Manager: “So, YOU let someone steal it?”

Me: “I didn’t even know it was there.”

Manager: “I walked right past you and told you it was there, before I went to lunch. I am going to have to write you up for this, and it’s going to come out of your wages.”

Me: “I don’t even remember you walking past me. I want to look at the video footage.”

Manager: “Fine, but it will show exactly that I did leave on the register.”

(It did show exactly what he did; he left the office, then walked straight out the front door, bypassing the registers completely. He still swore that he left it on the register, and it was still my fault because I didn’t remind him before he left the store. The video clearly shows me with my back to him while dealing with a customer. He had no choice but to take the loss himself.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!