Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Wi-Fi Problems Are All In Your Head

, , , , , | Related | November 19, 2022

My parents’ Wi-Fi fails suddenly while I am visiting. I work in IT, so it naturally falls on my shoulders to fix it. I try resetting and reconfiguring their wireless access point without any improvement, so I decide to call technical support. My cellular service provider has zero service in my parents’ neighborhood, so without Wi-Fi, I have to borrow my dad’s phone to call. My dad’s hearing is poor, so he wears hearing aids and has used their Bluetooth capabilities to connect them to his iPhone. I switch the phone back to the internal speaker to use it.

However, we discovered today that if my dad’s hearing aids happen to fall back in range of the phone’s Bluetooth receiver, the phone automatically switches back to them as the audio output.

My dad is in the kitchen walking around talking to my mom while I’m in his office working with the WAP and router.

Suddenly, the helpdesk employee’s voice cuts out.

Me: “Uh, hello? Hello, are you still there? Ma’am, I can’t hear you anymore.”

Dad: *To my mom* “D*** it, hang on.” *Yelling out to me* “[My Name]! There’s a woman in my head trying to talk to you!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!