Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Tolerance Is Intolerable

, , , , | Learning | April 13, 2018

(It’s the first week of college and the class takes turns to introduce themselves, using a presentation containing photos of important events and people in our lives, as per assignment. A classmate is presenting and shows a picture of herself and another girl.)

Classmate: “This is my girlfriend and me.” *pauses and gives the class a provocative glance before continuing as normal*

(At the end of the day I find her crying in the hallway.)

Me: “What’s the matter?”

Classmate: “Didn’t you see how they all looked when I mentioned I had a girlfriend? Yes, I’m gay; so what? Why does everyone has to be so judgemental?! I hate this class!”

Me: “I don’t know; I haven’t heard or seen any negative reactions. Personally, I don’t care if someone’s straight or gay. I don’t think anyone in this class cares, to be honest.”

Classmate: “No, they all judged me; I saw it in their eyes. Why can’t I just be accepted for once?” *runs away crying*

(She disappeared from class a few weeks after, claiming she couldn’t take the bullying. No one ever bullied her, ever, for being gay or otherwise.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!