Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Resolve Is Diamond

, , , | Right | June 5, 2018

(I am working the front desk at a very nice hotel. It is a slow morning, but we are completely booked for the next few days. A diamond member — the highest rewards tier — calls in to request a room. We have no availability at all when this conversation takes place.)

Me: “Thank you for calling the award winning [Hotel]. How can I help you?”

Caller: “I’d like to book a room for tonight, for three days.”

Me: “Yes, sir, let me see what we have available!”

(I know we don’t have anything available, but we are supposed to pause and at least act like we are looking.)

Me: “I’m sorry, but it looks like we are all sold out tonight, tomorrow, and the next day. If you’d like, I can definitely put you on a wait list.”

Caller: “But I am a diamond member; don’t you have anything for diamond members?”

Me: “No, sir, we don’t have specific rooms for any level of the reward tier. Like I said, I can put you on a wait list and call you if anything becomes available.”

Caller: “But I’m a diamond member.”

Me: “I underst—”

Caller: “Can’t you cancel out someone’s reservation and make one for me?”

Me: “No, I am not going to cancel someone’s reservation that made it before you.”

Caller: “F*** you!”

(The caller hung up and I made myself a strong cup of tea.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!