Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Refund’s Going Up In A Puff Of Vapor

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: BloodyChanel | October 31, 2021

I manage a vape shop and today a customer comes in wanting to return his mod.

Customer: “Hi, I bought this mod here and it won’t charge anymore.”

Me: “I’m sorry to hear that. Do you mind if I check it out real quick?”

This thing looked beat to h***. It was full of dents and the tank was cracked.

Me: “Okay, your charging port has loosened itself from the board. Unfortunately, we don’t do repairs, but if you have the receipt or the card you purchased it with, I can get you a refund or exchange if it was bought within the past month.”

Customer: “I don’t have the receipt, but I have the card.”

I run the card.

Me: “It looks like the only purchase made with this card was not for this item. Could it have been another card?”

Customer: “No, it was definitely that one.”

Me: “Unfortunately, it’s only showing one purchase and it isn’t the same item. Do you know when you purchased it?”

The main reason I ask that is that I realize we sold the last of those mods months ago and our return window ends after thirty days.

Customer: “No, I don’t remember.”

Me: “Okay, well, I’m really sorry, but I can’t refund or exchange anything without a receipt, and without an estimated time frame, I can’t go back and manually find it.”

Customer: “So, that’s it? I’m just stuck with it?”

Me: “I’m sorry, man. It’s company policy that we need a proof of purchase for any returns.”

Customer: “You can’t call a manager and ask them about it?”

Me: “I am the manager.”

Customer: “All right, well, you just lost a customer, then. Thanks, but no, thanks.”

Me: “Okay, have a nice night.”

Guess I’m about to lose my job and the business will go under because this guy isn’t coming back. I don’t know how I’m gonna sleep tonight, honestly.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!