Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Late Fate Is Sealed

| Working | October 2, 2015

(My dad has decided to get me an under-sixteen’s bank card. We have arrived around fifteen minutes late.)

Bank Employee #1: “I’m sorry, but as you have arrived late, we will have to reschedule your appointment for later in the week.”

Dad: “No. We live in [Town half-an-hour’s drive away]. We can’t just go back. Where’s [The Young Savers Employee]?”

Bank Employee #1: “I’ll fetch her now.”

(He goes away. A few minutes later, Bank Employee #2 turns up.)

Bank Employee #2: “I’m sorry that we’ve had to reschedule your appointment, but we did phone you and I waited for at least fifteen minutes.”

Dad: “Which number did you call?”

Bank Employee #2: “The only one we were given.”

Dad: “Yes, but which number?”

Bank Employee #2: “The only one we were given.”

Dad: “What was the number?”

Bank Employee #2: “The number I called was a [our area code] one.”

Dad: “You mean the house phone? It didn’t occur to you that we might not be there ten minutes before the appointment?”

Bank Employee #2: “I called the only number we were given.”

(Several repetitions of much the same BS later…)

Dad: “So you called our home number, waited five minutes, then gave our appointment to someone else? Forget it. Come on, [My Name], let’s not waste any more time here.”

(We walk out, then Dad turns and goes back in.)

Dad: “Hey, what time did you say you gave our appointment to someone else?”

Employee #1: “Um, about twenty past.”

Dad: “Yeah? We were waiting in the queue here at twenty past, mate, so yeah, keep your story consistent. Thanks for lying to me, mate!”

(We went down to the bank a few doors down, which I also had an account with. In twenty minutes, we had registered for a debit card and left.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!