Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Knowledge Is Streets Behind

| Friendly | November 30, 2016

(I work for a non-profit organization as a telemarketer, making phone calls to ask for clothing donations to help the program. It helps children stay off the streets and have a strong mentor in their lives. This was my morning, as usual, until this call comes up.)

Me: “Hi! My name is [My Name]. I’m calling from [Non-Profit Organization].”

Caller: “Yes?”

Me: *I present the usual script in front of me* “Would you have anything to donate to help the youth in your community?”

Caller: “The youth of MY community?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am.”

Caller: “Why would I ever donate to the brats of my community when they cause so much trouble around here?!”

Me: “Uh—”

Caller: “They come around the neighborhood, with their phones lit up, and walk around through the night! They are just troublemakers! So, NO, I will not donate to the youth of this community. They don’t deserve it!”

Me: *forcing a smile* “O-Okay, ma’am, thank you very much for your time and you have a pleasant day!”

Caller: “Thank you, and try to wake up.” *hangs up*

(The irony? The charity works to keep children off the streets and to keep them from getting into any trouble in the first place!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!