Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Convictions Are Plastic

, , , , | Working | May 4, 2018

(Somewhere along the line my job evolved to include purchasing coffee and tea and all the related supplies for the office. Sometimes I get strange requests. Some are stranger than others.)

Coworker: “We need spoons. Could you buy spoons next time you go shopping?”

Me: “We have lots in this cupboard right here.” *opens cupboard and shows coworker huge box of plastic spoons*

Coworker: “No, real spoons, not plastics ones. Those are no good.”

Me: “No good? What do you mean? Are you using them for more than just coffee or tea?”

Coworker: “I only use them for tea, but when they get hot they smell! If they smell, that means the plastic is getting into my tea. So, I don’t want to use them; I only want to use real spoons. I don’t want to drink plastic!”

Me: “Um, okay. I will see what I can do to get you ‘real’ spoons.”

Coworker: “Okay, thank you! Oh, and can you buy some stir sticks, too? We are almost out.”

Me: “Sure! Are wooden ones okay?”

Coworker: “No, plastic is fine.” *walks away*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!