Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your “Benefits” Don’t Extend Quite That Far

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: ashlie- | October 23, 2022

I work in a hotel. A woman came in for a walk-in and asked for a military rate. I went over the three rates we offer to guests who are in the military (most of our clientele are military or military contractors).

Me: “Can I please see your military ID?”

Guest: “I don’t have one. My friend with benefits is the one in the military.”

Me: “That’s fine. He just needs to be the one to check in and pay for the room, then.”

Guest: “He won’t be staying in the room with me, but he could text me a picture of his ID for me to show you.”

I fought the urge to laugh in her face.

Me: “Not only would that still not qualify, but your friend could get in deep trouble for taking a photo of his military ID and sending it to you.”

What followed was the most childish and embarrassing display of discontent I have ever seen. I’ve not ever seen an outburst like this from my nine-year-old step-son, let alone a grown woman. She was crying, pouting, demanding, “Let me speak to a manager,” you name it. (I am the manager!)

As an added bonus, she also asked to use her reward points for a free night’s stay. She was not a member of our rewards program or anything; she just thought those were the magic words.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!