Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Attitude is Shih-Tzu

, , , , | Friendly | June 2, 2019

(My partner and I are walking through a town on a shopping trip. We pass through rows of terrace housing between the train station and the shops. We pause at one house on the way into town, admiring the army of shih-tzus in the large Victorian bay window. The front door is open with lots of people going in and out and chatting on the threshold. On our way back, we pass the house again, and this time the front door is shut. While we try and cross the busy road, I glance down and gasp in shock. Cowering on a drain cover is a very tiny, shivering, black and white puppy. It’s so small it’s no taller than the kerb. My partner also spots it, but I nudge them. If we make eye contact with it, it may totter towards us, and any passing car would turn it into mince. Dropping my shopping, I quickly cross the road and scoop up the puppy before it can move. The poor thing is cold, and it snuggles happily into my jacket. The puppy isn’t hurt or even dirty, just cold and wondering where the h*** Mom is. Since we know exactly where it lives, we make our way to the front door of the house. There are loud thumping noises of furniture moving coming from inside.)

Me: *knocks on the door several times*

Man: *from behind the door* “GO AWAY. F*** OFF!”

Me: *keeps knocking insistently* “But I have—“

Man: *from behind the door* “GO AWAY OR WE’LL CALL THE POLICE!”

Me: *very clearly through the letterbox* “Okay! Thank you so much for the free puppy! He’s beautiful!”

(The door suddenly bangs open to reveal a woman standing there. Two dogs rush out and start barking. One of them jumps up against me, clearly trying to get to the puppy.)

Woman: “Oh, my God, there he is! How the h*** did he get out?! Is he all right?! Where did you find him?”

Me: “I found him shivering by the kerb, but I’m not sure I want to give him back to you if you have that attitude!”

Woman: “[Man]! [MAN]! Get your a** out here!”

(Sure enough, the man stomps his way down. He sees the puppy in my arms and his jaw drops.)

Man: “Where the h*** did you find him? We’ve been looking all over! Is he okay?!”

Woman: “She found him at the kerb and tried to give him back to us. And you swore at her!”

Man: *very embarrassed* “I’m sorry about that, love. We’ve been turning everything upside down trying to find [Puppy]. He belongs to our daughter. See, here’s his mom.”

(He gestured to one of the dogs, who was still standing up trying to get to the puppy. With the apology, I handed the puppy over, and the woman wrapped him up in a warm towel. Momma Dog took over warming-up duty. The couple ended up thanking me sincerely for saving the dog. The other dogs looked just beautiful and well groomed, so I did think it was a case of an accidental overlook. I hope they kept a closer eye on him next time!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!