Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Argument Is Full Of Hot Air, Part 2

, , , | Right | May 16, 2012

(I’m working alone at a gas station. It’s a pretty busy day, so even if I was allowed, I couldn’t pump somebody’s gas for them. This conversation happens with an older man who looks to be pretty well-off.)

Me: “Hello, sir. Are you pump six?”

Customer: “Yes, I am! And You know, you should be ashamed of yourself! Somebody should be out pumping gas for these old ladies!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but I’m here all alone and can’t really pump everybody’s gas for them.”

Customer: “Well, you should tell your boss to hire someone to do it.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but this is a smaller gas station and my boss can’t really afford to hire someone to pump people’s gas for them, especially since most people pay at the pump.”

Customer: “So you won’t tell them to?”

Me: “I know they won’t do it, sir. They’d lose too much money that way.”

Customer: “You know, it’s punks like you who don’t stand up to parliament. That’s why our taxes are so high! No wonder life’s so difficult!”

Me: “Actually, sir, the way I see it I have food, shelter, and clothing so I’m pretty good.”

Customer: “It must be nice to have so much money! You don’t know what hard times are like!”

Me: “Actually, sir, not too long before finding this job I was living on the streets. I have since been able to pull myself off the streets and now have hope for college.”

Customer: “Yeah?! Well… how would you like it if someone kicked YOUR dog?!”

Me: *speechless* 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!