Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You’d Think He Was A Middle Child

, , , , | Learning | March 30, 2021

I am a kindergarten assistant teacher. We always try to do a little special something for the kids when it’s their birthday, usually consisting of a balloon and goodie bag. I am prepping a balloon when the birthday boy approaches me. The kids and I are very playful with each other so I think he’s trying to be silly with me with what happens next.

Kid: “Who’s the balloon for?”

Me: “Hmm, I don’t know, kiddo. Whose birthday do you think it is?”

He starts listing off other kids’ names in our classroom.

Me: “No, silly, it’s you!”

He thinks I’m pulling a fast one on him. I think it’s a little odd but don’t think too much of it. That is, until his mom picks him up.

Me: “Don’t forget your balloon and goodie bag.”

Mom: “Why did you give him this stuff?”

Me: “Oh, we do a little something for the kids when it’s their birthday.”

She just stares at me, and I’m starting to wonder if maybe we accidentally have his birthday in our paperwork wrong. Then, his mom’s eyes get big.

Mom: “Oh, crap. That’s today?!”

They forgot his birthday. His dad, mom, and two older adult brothers who still live at home all forgot it was his birthday. Mom tried saying something along the lines of how they celebrate his birthday with his other brothers in the summer. It was November.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!