Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You’d Be A Fool Not To Take The Deal; No, Seriously

, , , , , | Right | November 20, 2018

(The company I work for is doing a promotion where you can get an antivirus software– which retails at £60 — half-price if you buy a new product they are promoting for only £10. Common sense suggests doing this as it means essentially getting both items for £30 less than the anti virus alone. I am at the checkout.)

Me: “Good afternoon.”

Customer #1: “Just this, please.”

Me: “Actually, if it helps, you get this half-price if you buy—”

Customer #1: “I’m not interested.”

Me: “But if I can just explain it actually—”

Customer #1: “I said… not… interested.”

Me: *very quickly* “I can give you £20 off and a free item with it.”

Customer #1: “Look. I’ve said no. Just f****** ring it up.”

Me: “So, to clarify you want to pay the full £60 and not get the cheaper price with the free gift?”

Customer #1: “YES! NOW JUST PROCESS IT THROUGH. THAT’S THE ONE I WANT AND I’M VERY BUSY! NOW JUST DO YOUR JOB!”

(I put through the software as the customer insists, and she storms off. The next customer comes up holding the same product.)

Customer #2: “Sorry, I may have misheard, but can I get this for £40 with a free item?”

Me: “Yes, absolutely.”

Customer #2: “And she didn’t want that?”

Me: “Apparently not.”

Customer #2: “Wow… Some people are idiots… I’ll take the £40 deal, please!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!