Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Wouldn’t Think It Would Rock The Boat

, , , , | Right | October 10, 2018

(I’m order-taking and cashing out drive-thru orders at a very well-known fast-food chain. The order screen is on the east side of the building and the windows are on the north side, meaning once you’ve placed your order, you need to make a corner to pay and pick up your food. So many times, somebody is pulling a trailer or boat behind their truck, places their order, and then realizes they can’t make the corner. When this happens, they CANNOT walk up to the window and pay. This is for their safety and ours. They HAVE to actually come inside and pay. I take someone’s order and it’s not until I look out the window that I see them pull into the parking lot with a large boat that I realize they can’t make the corner. The driver steps out of the car and begins walking up to the window.)

Me: “I’m sorry; you can’t walk up to the window. I need you to come inside to pay.”

Customer: “But my boat can’t make the corner.”

Me: “I know. I just need you to come into the lobby to pay.”

(He turned away annoyed, like I gave him some impossible task. He got back in his car and I thought he was either going to park or drive off, but instead he BACKED UP, got back in the drive-thru lane, and tried to make the corner again! This time he made it, we said nothing to each other as I took his payment, and he got his food and drove off. I will never understand why people go to such measures to avoid walking into the lobby.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!