Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Twin Or Lose

, , , | Right | November 19, 2018

(It is during my second summer working the supply yard at my high school job. A classmate of mine also worked here last summer, but didn’t return this year. He is about five inches shorter than me, wears glasses, and has a different hair color than I do.)

Customer: “You really have grown a lot since last year.”

Me: “Thank you, sir, but I’m actually the same height I was last summer.”

Customer: “No, you really have gotten a lot bigger, and you got rid of your glasses!”

Me: “I think you have me confused with [Classmate]. He worked with me here last year.”

Customer: “No, I’m sure it was you. You wrote [Shop Owner] that nice note for giving you the job, right?”

(I know he’s talking about my classmate, because his thank-you note is still on the wall in the shop, and I never wrote one myself.)

Me: “No, sir, you’re thinking of [Classmate]. He wrote that note; I didn’t. Plus, he had glasses. I never have.”

Customer: “No, I know it was you! It has to be!”

(This went on for several minutes until my boss finally called me over to a customer. The man was convinced I was my classmate. I guess despite the height difference, hair color, and vision difference, we could be twins!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!