Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Shouldn’t Speak To ANYONE Like That, Manager

, , , , | Working | CREDIT: Exit_Live | August 17, 2022

Around eight years ago, my wife and I were at a big box store buying the stuff to make a pizza. When I have time, I prefer to make the crust from scratch, but I buy premade when I’m in a hurry. We were hungry now, so we were looking at said premade crusts.

I went to grab our favorite type but noticed that they were all expired. I knew from having previously worked at a different location of this store that they would not be noticed by staff any time soon, so they wouldn’t be reordered, so I took the entire selection and sought out an employee.

Luckily, just as I left the aisle, I saw a manager speaking with someone. I stood nearby waiting to speak with him. He saw me with my armful of crusts.

Manager: “Yes? What?”

Me: “These crusts are all expired.”

Manager: *Angrily* “Then take them to claims!”

I looked at him for a second.

Me: “Are you sure?”

Manager: *Even louder* “TAKE THEM TO THE D*** CLAIMS AREA! AND PICK UP YOUR F****** VENDOR BADGE WHILE YOU’RE BACK THERE! Also, I don’t think that a band shirt is part of your company’s dress code!”

I was wearing my favorite Dead Kennedys shirt that day. I stared at him, just waiting to see how this would play out. He stared back for a moment, and then realization slowly dawned.

Manager: “You… you do work for the crust company, right?”

Me: “No, I just thought you’d like to know that you have expired product on the shelf so you can get it replaced.”

He apologized repeatedly and offered to comp a different crust option for me. I took it, but from then on, my wife and I shopped at another store.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!