Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Say Tomato, I Say Refund

, | Right | June 28, 2016

(I am a part-time head-cashier [supervisor] at a grocery store, and any returns need my password before the computer accepts a return.)

Me: “Oh-la!” *answering my phone with my signature hello for coworkers*

Cashier: “I need an override for a refund.”

(I walk over to customer service cash to  ask the cashier what is being return and why.)

Cashier: “Moldy.” *she points to the baguette, half of which is missing*

Customer: “It tastes like mold. That’s why I am returning it. I made my lunch with this bread this morning with it, and I can taste mold.”

Me: “Oh, I am so sorry about that. Do you want another baguette to replace it or just your money back?”

Customer #1: “My money, please.”

Me: *I type in my password, process the return, and print out a receipt for the customer* “If I can a signature here, we are good to go. Have a nice day.” *the customer signs and I start to walk away*

Customer #1: “Wait a minute. Aren’t you going to refund my sandwich meat and slice of tomato and slice of cheese?”

Me: “Excuse me?” *I ask myself in shock: did I forget to refund other items?*

Customer #1: “The tomato slice, cheese slice, and meat from my sandwich. The meat and tomato slice, cheese slice on the f****** moldy baguette, that you sold me!”

Me: “I cannot refund for slices. But if you bring back the meat, cheese, and remaining tomato, I’ll gladly refund it all.”

Customer #1: “Why would I do that? Nothing is wrong with them! I want my f****** money for the slices on the sandwich.”

Me: “Sorry about your sandwich; we did refund the baguette. I cannot refund the slices. If you bring back the rest of cheese, sandwich meat, tomato I can gladly refund them.”

Customer #1: *grabs her phone* “You’re f****** kidding me. That was my f****** lunch. I have nothing to eat. F****** b****! You ruined my lunch! “*walks away*

Cashier: “Wow.”

Customer #2: “Oh, my god! Well, I hope you don’t get any more people like her today.”

Me: “She’s been the fourth one today. Not going to be the last.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!