Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Reap What You Tow

| Friendly | June 5, 2014

(The apartment complex where I live has assigned parking and they are super strict about it. Each resident is assigned the parking spot that matches their apartment number and the parking spot is included in the terms of the lease. Visitors are required to park their cars in the spots labeled ‘visitor,’ of which there are plenty. There are signs that explain this and state that violators will be towed at owner’s expense. I’m pulling into the parking lot when I notice a car pulling into my assigned spot. I park behind the car and wave down the driver, a female in her early 20s.)

Me: “Excuse me. I’m so sorry, but I’m afraid you need to move your car. You’re in my spot.”

Driver: *points to an empty spot that assigned to my neighbor* “There is a spot right there. Just park your car there.”

Me: “Yeah, that spot belongs to the lady who lives on the second floor over there. I’m sure you didn’t noticed that each spot is numbered; that means it’s reserved for the resident of that apartment. ”

Driver: “Yeah, yeah, whatever. Look, I’m not moving. I got here first. Just get over your OCD or whatever and park somewhere else.”

Me: “Whoa… Hey, I’m just trying to let you know that you’re parked in the wrong spot. You’re a visitor. You need to park in visitor parking. I actually live here. I pay to rent the property that I live in and this parking spot is included in that. That means I pay for this specific spot. You are quite literally parked on my property and I’m asking you to move.”

Driver: *gets out of her car and starts to walk away* “Look, b****, I’m not f****** moving. You can have it whenever I leave tomorrow.”

Me: “I’m going to ask you one more time to move your car. Otherwise I will have to call the manager and have this issue resolved.”

Driver: *laughs* “Yeah, you do that.”

(I parked my car and walked over to see the apartment manager. I explained what happened. He made a few phone calls, and within an hour, a tow-truck came and moved her car. I had a good view from my balcony of her begging and attempting to bribe the tow-truck operator not to take her car away. She flipped me off as she watched her car drive off and ran back to her friends. Lucky me, I haven’t seen her around since.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!