Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You REALLY Earned Your Paycheck Today!

, , , | Right | January 12, 2019

(I am a sixteen-year-old male and was hired at my clothing store just two days ago. I am busy folding clothes on a display rack when a woman in her 40s comes over and just starts unfolding everything I just folded.)

Me: “Can I help you?”

Customer: *mumbles something about customers working*

(I think she is odd, but I leave to another rack to tidy it up. She follows me again and undoes everything I just did. Being 16 and freshly hired I go and tell my shift leader what is going on. She approaches the woman. The woman is not yelling but her voice is raised.)

Customer: “Customers should not have to fold clothes or do work for employees! Employees should be on the floor working to earn their pay-check!”

(My shift leader tries to explain that I am an employee but the woman doesn’t listen. She leaves and goes back to shopping. I return to re-fold four racks (that’s two more thanks to this woman). Fifteen minutes later she comes over and looks at me:)

Customer: “I thought I made it clear you should not do that! The workers need to earn a paycheck!”

Me: *a little steamed, I point to my shirt* “I work here! I am trying to earn my paycheck but you are making it hard.”

Customer: “Oh, I didn’t know they hired guys at a women’s clothing store. Good, you can help me, then!”

Me: *grabbing another garment and folding it* “I am sorry; you can help yourself! I’m earning a paycheck here!”

(I wasn’t fired!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!