Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

You Probably Just Saved Someone

, , , | Right | November 17, 2020

Information as to where payphones are by their telephone numbers has been removed from the telephone company operator’s access for security reasons. For example: a person may call an estranged spouse or significant other from a payphone, so their location remains unknown. Otherwise, the person receiving the call may actually try to track someone down if they learn the location, and the end result could be tragic.

Caller: “I want the location of this payphone. The telephone number is [number].”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but that information is not available to telephone operators.”

Caller: “Hold on there. I need the information.”

The caller starts into a long-winded explanation as to why he needs the information.

Me: *Trying to interject* “Excuse me, sir—”

Caller: “LET ME FINISH!”

Me: “Okay.”

The caller continues with a convoluted story lasting over five minutes.

Me: “We still don’t have access to that information.”

Caller: “WELL, THEN, F*** YOU, A**HOLE!” *Click*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!